1. Program of Work on Protected Areas, Convention on Biological Diversity, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia,
The PoWPA under the CBD English version is translated into Mongolian language and distributed to wider audience describing the four core elements of the program of work. The participants of the First National Consultative and Coordination Meeting on PoWPA held on November 15-16, 2007 in Ulaanbaatar were handed out with the publication. At the meeting, concrete action plans and roadmaps for the future interventions were discussed extensively in working groups and agreed were on joint follow up actions for improving coordination and coherence of multi-stakeholder driven actions.
2. For launch of the three-year conservation project for Mongolian Saiga population in Western Mongolia (funded by MAVA Foundation), WWF Mongolia produced Outreach Materials for local communities appealing to them to stop cruel practices of saiga hunting and racing with saiga.
• Pocket size Inserts-Reminders on Legal Liabilities and Penalties for Offenses by poachers and illegal traders;
• Car Bumper Sticker; and
• Class Scheduler for secondary school students were distributed amongst the aimag center school children
With the help of the project, the Eco-clubs of Medical College Students and 8 schools in Gobi-Altai Aimags now have their own Club Logos, flags and information boards as their items of identity.
3. A New, bi-lingual Portal at domain http://www.econet.mn
dedicated to conservation work in the Mongolian part of the Altai Sayan Eco-region has been launched in October 2007.